Sunday, February 25, 2007

Blessings

So far my posts have focused on my reflections on different readings. Well, I'm kind of all read out right now. This has been good because it has given me a chance to not just take things that I agree with from other people (via these readings), but just talking through real life with other people and look at what it means to put thoughts and beliefs into practice.
In looking at real life I have been blown away by the blessings that surround me. Very specifically I had a chance to enjoy an amazing concert put on by Pillar and I enjoyed that with 2 friends that have just been irreplaceable in my life, especially as of late. I had an absolute blast and I love you guys. Thank you for loving me even when it looks like everything is falling apart.
I have also been working a ton lately with no break in sight until the end of May or so. But it hasn't been as stressful as I would imagine it to be. I have been establishing solid relationships with my athletes and coaches and am really having this sense of belonging that I wasn't as aware of during the fall semester. It is truly a blessing.
I have a friend who is just blown away by his relationship with his girlfriend right now. I hear him talk about her and it is amazing to see how God loves the two of them and has brought them together. It touches me to see God be a part of a relationship the way He is with these two. I know if this aspect remains they will reap the benefits of His hand and will live an amazing life together. I don't mean to be playing wedding bells for them or anything, it is just cool to see what two Godly people in a dating relationship can look like. I'm blessed to see it in you guys and I'm praying for both of you.
I got a phone call from a friend tonight. He moved to the Dallas area last summer. He knew there was something about the move that God had orchestrated, but it would be an understatement to say that these last several months have been very difficult for him. But I get this phone call tonight and you can just hear the joy in his voice. He is beginning to see and experience some of what he know God has had in store for him all along and it's transforming his life. I could hear it through the phone like I could feel it. It's just so cool.
When I take an honest look at it, the blessing are endless. My family is amazing, my friends could not be more solid or more of an encouragement, and despite the dark corners of my life I can see God's hand working through it all. I'm not trying to say "follow God and everything will be o.k. and you will be blessed and happy and rich". I think maybe your idea of what it means to be blessed and happy may change some, I know mine has. I do know that tonight was one of those times that I could see clearly that I have been blessed and God is taking care of me. My prayer is that my life will be a reflection of the love God has shown me so that those around me know that He loves them as well.
I love you guys. May the God of heaven be praised tonight and always.

AO

1 comment:

Hayne Begley said...

B- you rock man. I can't tell you how fantastic it has been to have you around the last year. In the midst of all the crap in our lives. Albeit mine self-imposed and yours not, but God is good.

And you're wrong. If we truly follow God we will be happy, rich, and get everything we ever wanted. All we have to do is pray for it, the dophin jumps through the hoop, and whamo... 10 cases of Dish Soap.